It was with shock and tremendous sadness that we heard of Stephen’s tragic accident last week.
When setting up Big Society Capital, Stephen’s insight and depth of knowledge about charities, social enterprises and corporate structuring was instrumental in turning the vision of a 'social investment bank' into the reality of Big Society Capital.
Since then he has contributed enthusiastically as a member of our Advisory Board and more generally has used his unparalleled experience and expertise concerning the sector to provide advice on many of the issues we have faced in developing the social investment market.
He will be greatly missed, not only for the quality of his expert legal advice and professionalism, but also for his personal qualities including his indefatigable enthusiasm, his friendship and his encouragement.
He has left a legacy of achievement that has helped structure and promote the social sector in this country for future generations.
Our thoughts are with his family.
Further tributes to Stephen:
- BWB’s Tribute to Stephen Lloyd Bates Wells Braithwaite
- Bates Wells Braithwaite mourns former senior partner Stephen Lloyd The Lawyer
- A piece to honour Stephen Lloyd: A great human being Rod Schwartz
- RIP Stephen Lloyd – the charity sector’s own lawyer Toby Blume
- Charity sector mourns the passing of Stephen Lloyd Civil Society
- Tributes paid to Stephen Lloyd Law Society Gazette
- Stephen Lloyd, noted charity lawyer, dies in boating accident Third Sector
- Tributes come from far and wide for "inspirational" lawyer Stephen Lloyd Pioneers Post