Date and time: 7 June 2018, 1.30-3.00pm
Social Investment Tax Relief (SITR) is the government’s tax relief for social investment, which encourages individuals to invest in charities and social enterprises. Individuals receive a 30% tax break when investing into an eligible organisation.
Big Society Capital is hosting a free webinar for charities and social enterprises to learn more about raising investment using SITR. At this webinar, you'll find out what options are available to social enterprises and charities. You'll also learn what the pros and cons are with each option.
Your chance to Ask an Expert
We've assembled a panel of experts to share how they are involved with supporting social enterprises to use SITR. We will be covering the three different ways that you can access investors who might be interested in using SITR: through funds, crowdfunding and community shares and directly from individuals. We will also have Neil Pearson, our technical tax expert, on hand too. Afterwards, there will be plenty of time for a Q&A.
The panel includes:
- Grace England, Investment Manager, Resonance - SITR Funds
- Dave Boyle, Director, The Community Shares Company - Crowdfunding
- Russ Bubley, Founder, I for Change - Direct/DIY
- Neil Pearson, Partner, Mills & Reeve - SITR and Technical Guidance
- Melanie Mills, Social Sector Engagement Director, Big Society Capital