Our goal is to increase funding for charities and social enterprises
We do this by engaging with existing and potential investors to raise awareness and understanding of the investment opportunities available. We also ensure that new funds and products understand the focus and needs of investors
We help institutional investors understand how they can be social investors
We do this by:
- Co-developing research and reports that examine demand among institutional investors for social investments, possible barriers and how to overcome them
- Educating and informing through speaking opportunities at mainstream financial conferences and events
- Developing and supporting workshops on education and awareness raising
We help trusts, charities and foundations learn how they can be social investors.
We do this through:
- One-to-one meetings with those interested in the social investment space
- Co-investing and co-partnering on specific social issue areas
- Events and roundtable discussions focused on education and awareness raising
- Research and focus groups in partnership with relevant membership bodies, for example, the Association of Charitable Foundations (ACF)
- The Social Impact Investors Group (SIIG) – we are part of the organising committee and provide them with support
We help individuals and their advisers learn how they can be social investors
We do this by:
- Developing and supporting events targeted at individual investors
- Developing research to better understand the growing demand and opportunities for individuals to make social investments
- Supporting the work of Worthstone, leading independent social impact investment resource for financial advisers and wealth managers
- Supporting the Social Angels Movement, a network created to help grow the number of social angels in the UK
Examples of our work:
Events - We recently sponsored and supported the Worthstone Social Investment Academy, leading forum on social investment for independent financial advisers.
Research & Publications - In partnership with Intelligent Partner, we commissioned SITR: A survey of EIS managers showing the trends and their sentiment towards Social Investment Tax Relief.