The GET INFORMED Mentoring programme connects social investment mentors to help charity and social enterprise board members who are exploring repayable finance. For mentors, it's a fantastic way to give back and help others build their skills and confidence on social investment.
WHAT BEING A SOCIAL INVESTMENT MENTOR INVOLVES
We're looking for people willing to volunteer a minimum of 8 hours over a 6-12 month period as GET INFORMED mentors.
Applicants need to have:
- Good understanding of social enterprise and/or charity governance
- Experience of working in or with charities and social enterprises
- Good current knowledge of social investment
- Good understanding of the roles and responsibilities of charity trustees and/or social enterprise non-executive directors with regards to finance, investment and associated risks
- Good communication skills, including the ability to listen effectively with understanding and empathy
- Ability to adapt knowledge to new settings
Applicants might also have:
- Experience of being a trustee or a non-executive director (NED) of a charity or social enterprise
- Experience of raising or supporting process of social investment
- Good networks who can also be utilised to bring added value knowledge and experience
- Previous experience of mentoring (not necessarily in this field)
Do you have the skills and experience to become a social investment mentor?