A tax break for charities and social enterprises
We have launched GET IT as a free package of support to help organisations use social investment tax relief (SITR). It offers:
- Free technical information and news stories on SITR via email updates - topics we have covered include how to apply for pre-assurance, where to get funding, how to access GET IT pro-bono support and case studies from organisations who have used the tax relief
- Events and workshops on SITR co-developed with partners
- Free technical support from our GET IT partners to develop a SITR deal (only for charities and social enterprises)
- Marketing and communications support of successful raises using SITR
You can also gain access to additional resources like our SITR Property Guidance Paper.
How organisations are using SITR
Aspire Gloucestershire helps the most vulnerable young homeless people in Gloucestershire.
The Freedom Bakery trains prisoners at a maximum security prison, HMP Low Moss, to make artisan bread.
Delivered Next Day Personally is a mail delivery and same-day courier service which recruits people with disabilities.
FareShare South West works with the food industry to reduce the amount of fit-for-purpose food going to waste.
FC United of Manchester serves the community with projects including youth work, school holiday play schemes and adult education.
Ambition East Midlands helps the most vulnerable young homeless people in the region.
Recent case studies
Clevedon Pier Heritage and Limited Trust is a Community Benefit Society which raised money via SITR to help renovate and sustain Clevedon Pier.
Burley Gate Community Shop & Post Office raised money from the local community to help save the shop from closure.
Portpatrick Harbour is a community-owned asset based in Scotland and has been supported by money raised using SITR.
South Bristol Sports Centre works with young people in one of the most deprived areas in Bristol and is using investment to finance the construction of six five-a-side football pitches.
Trailblazers from the Resonance SITR Fund:
Trailblazers from the Social Investment Scotland SITR Fund:
- Street League
- Just Trading Scotland
- Broxburn United Sports Club
- MacDougall of Dunollie Preservation Trust
- Scottish Boat Festival
- Edinburgh Sculpture Workshop
- Dundee Gymnastics Club 2K
Other organisations who have used SITR:
Research and events
Research | 4 July 2016
Events | 24 February 2016
Research | 14 December 2015