What is Social Investment Tax Relief?
Social Investment Tax Relief (SITR) is the government's tax relief for social investment which encourages individuals to support charities and social enterprises. Individuals receive a 30% tax break when investing in an eligible organisation.
What does GET SITR offer?
Find a range of free resources on SITR including downloadable guides, webinars, events and case studies
Find resources for Investors & Advisers
- Essential guide to Social Investment Tax Relief
- SITR FAQs
- A simple guide to tax reliefs for charities and social enterprises
- Restrictions on leasing, letting assets on hire or licensing
- Changes to the rules in 2017
- A guide to Advance Assurance
- Issues with subsidiaries
- A guide to SITR and property development
- Guidance on operating concessions
Our panel of experts cover the three different ways that you can access investors who may be interested in using SITR: through funds; crowdfunding and community shares; and directly from individuals. We also have Neil Pearson, our tax expert who takes us through some of the technical aspects of the relief.
You can also view or download a copy of the presentation slides, which includes the questions asked during the Q&A as well as the contact details of our experts.
Order of the webinar:
- Melanie Mills, Big Society Capital: Introduction
- Grace England, Investment Manager, Resonance - SITR Funds (5m)
- Dave Boyle, Director, The Community Shares Company - Crowdfunding (21m)
- Russ Bubley, Founder, I for Change - Direct/DIY (42m)
- Neil Pearson, Partner, Mills & Reeve - SITR and Technical Guidance (57m)
- Q&A (1hr 2m)
Watch more of our SITR videos on YouTube.
Learn about SITR with our webinars
Listen to our podcasts
Listen to our two-part podcast on Social Investment Tax Relief (SITR) and Social Impact Bonds (SIBs).